Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rush Hour

Quite disappointed by how I started this week with the new system in place for I was the only one from the assessment section that came in late for work on the very first day of my ONETT duties. I woke up as early as 5 ‘o clock but went back to bed thinking that an extension of another thirty minutes wouldn’t hurt, checked my watch again and, bang! it was 7:59 a.m. I jumped off to bed like I have never done before, leaped for my pair of pants hanging by the door, grabbed a t-shirt from the laundry bag (I don’t know if that has been washed) and, astonishingly arrived at the office in nearly ten minutes short of my normal travel time without having been able to brush my teeth or fixed my hair. Not everyone noticed my coming late for work except that "about-to-retire" officemate of mine who makes it into a habit of checking everyone else’s business and the first person who might be accused of sabotaging the biometrics because of her apparent disgust over that poor technology since day one. I have a theory on why is that. I guess everyone in the office has figured that out too but chose to hold his or her peace for obvious reasons.

Anxiously awaiting for the turnout of these events, I have to practice on my “jumper” skills. And oh, I hope that on my first big adventure, I would be in Egypt appreciating the view of the pyramids and the Great Sphinx over a cup of steaming coffee.

No comments: