It is 2008 and thank God I did not lose a finger! The sad part is I will be heading back to Dipolog tomorrow because January 3 will the first working day of the year. It’s really hard to regain momentum after all the festivities that I went through. Going back to my work desk and getting drowned by piles of paperworks, memoranda, and collection reports are not the things I look forward to and be jolly about.
No new year's resolutions this time because I don't want to feel guilty of not being able to resolve them just like the previous years. The main reason is not that they are hard to accomplish but that I tend to forget them easily. There are A LOT of things going on in my mind right now...more pressing matters than this. So NO, enough of this childishness.
We celebrated the New Year at our residence in Zamboanga. We did not have the lavish fireworks to match our neighbors' for four reasons-- first, it would be a complete waste of money that could be spent for food and drinks. Second, we have children in the house and we do not want any freaking accident. Third, I have had bad memories of firecrakers sticking to my hands while they explode even those which were supposed to be safe. Fourth, my dog Boogie ended up six feet under after having been supposedly poisoned by 'watusi' (or was it just me that scared it to death?) So definitely no firecrackers, not in my presence at least.
Oh yeah, I hit two straight 100s in karaoke and my brother gave me a stern look as if suggesting that I might have tampered the results. At least my MACARENA version erased all his suspicions for that was definitely a give-away treat (after one year of laborious practice in karaoke bars, finally, I have earned my spot in the limelight!) My brother, being the competitor that he is, bounced back unexpectedly by singing (was he declaiming or what?) his all time tune, "Bohemian Rhapsody." Cheers for the EFFORT.
Jesse, a classmate in college who now works for KPMG Thailand, surprised me with a video of him bungy jumping! You can watch it via youtube or simply by clicking this link: www.jessemonggo.com Talk about psychotic deathwish to start the new year. But I admire his courage going there by himself (But I seriously doubt that otherwise who could have taken the video?) Reading his entries was a real pleasure especially from someone who is as comic and superbly gifted writer as Jesus Jimena Siason. Chu, if you're reading this, "paki haplos na lang sa mga budhha dyan sa Thailand, for luck."
So, that's about it from this end. I do not intend to stay for another hour infront of the monitor with a looming headache. Blogging for four straight hours is astonishing while three hours of sleep, for me, is record-breaking! No amount of food (except mom's creamy maja blanca) can lure me from the inevitable--to succumb to my bed in a nick of time. So before I break more records and mom's chinas, take this as my parting words, "have a blessed new year, everyone!"
Oh, I almost forgot, I salvaged some old entries from my old blog in case you are wondering why the three previous entries were all antedated. (never mind the informality of the posts and the unperceived grammatical errors ;-) )

No comments:
Post a Comment